I recently finished my PhD at the Department of Computer Science in University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) working under the supervision of Professor Elena Zheleva and looking forward to join Pinterest Inc. as a Machine Learning engineer. I’m interested in the application of machine learning and causal inference on relational data. My PhD research was focused on causal discovery from relational data in the presence of feedback loops.
In my previous life, I worked as a software engineer at Disney Interactive, Bangladesh where I developed features for popular online social games. Before that, I completed my Bachelors in Computer Science and Engineering at Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET), 2012.
- September’22: I successfully defended my Ph.D. dissertation!
- May’22: Our paper titled “Non-Parametric Inference of Relational Dependence” got accepted at UAI’22.
- January’22: Our paper titled “Relational Causal Models with Cycles: Representation and Reasoning” got accepted at CLeaR’22.
- May’21: I joined Pinterst Labs as a Summer intern! I’ll be working with the Trust & Safety team to fight spam.
- July’20: Our paper “Effectiveness of Sampling Strategies for One-shot Active Learning from Relational Data” got accepted at MLG’20.
- January’20: Our paper “Correcting for selection bias in Learning-to-Rank systems” got accepted at WWW’20.
- June’19: Started intership at Anthem Inc. for the summer.
- Finalist(Top 50) in ITA Tech Challenge 2015, 2017.
- Awarded peer bonus for excellent performance in team project, Playdom, Bangladesh, 2013
- Ranked 10th at ITEE contest organized by MOSICT and JICA.
- Ranked 4th in 2nd IUT ICT Fest Programming Contest, Bangladesh.